ACOUSTICS is a program for calculations of airborne sound insulation properties of building elements. Using the program it is possible to calculate the sound insulation of single structures and double structures.
Using the program, you can:
- Calculate the sound reduction index of single and double structures.
- Calculate the impact sound insulation of bare heavy floors, lightweight floors etc.
- Compare the calculated the sound insulation values with the requirements of ČSN 73 0532 Acoustics - Requirements
Calculations are based on the following standards:
- ČSN 73 0532: 2010 - Acoustics - Protection against noise in buildings and assessment of acoustic properties of construction products - Requirements
- EN ISO 717-1: 2013 - Acoustics - Evaluation of sound insulation of building structures and buildings - Part 1: Airborne sound insulation.
- EN ISO 717-2: 2013 - Acoustics - Evaluation of sound insulation of building structures and buildings - Part 2: Sound insulation.
The calculations are based on publications:
- ČECHURA, Jiří. Building Physics 10: Acoustics of Building Structures. Ed. 1. Praha: ČVUT, 1997, 173 pp. ISBN 80-010-1593-9.
- SHARP, Ben H. Prediction Methods for Sound Transmission of Building Elements, Noise Control Engineering 11/2, 1978, pp. 53-63
- RINDEL, Jens Holger. Sound insulation in Buildings, Lecture note no 4214, DTU Lyngby Denmark, 2004