PHOTOVOLTAICS is a specialized program for calculating electricity produced by the photovoltaic system. In the current version, these systems are supported:
- Photovoltaic power plant with a converter connected to the distribution system
- Photovoltaic power plant with inverter and batteries connected to the distribution system
- Photovoltaic power plant with inverter and accumulation of surplus to hot water
- Photovoltaic power plant designed exclusively for hot water heating
You can try the program for 14 days for free. For more information visit this page.
Main features of the program:
- The calculation step is 10 minutes
- User-selectable details for entering the power consumption profile and the efficiency of each element
- Possibility to evaluate the solar panel shading using the program 3D EDITOR
- Detailed view of results using DesignBuilder Results Viewer (Download installation file here)
- Detailed calculation of hot water storage to optimize the load for two cases of technical solution (bivalent tray, two separate trays)
User's manualThe User's manual for Photovoltaics is available for download here.
Video previewYou can find a sample of the program in the following video (we recommend watching the video in full-screen mode). English subtitles available.
To activate subtitles / closed captions in YouTube:
1) Hover over the bottom-right hand corner and click on the Settings
2) Click on Subtitles
3) Choose the language
Alternatively, you can click straight onto the Closed Caption (CC) icon .